Bugs and other issues in pgAdmin are usually fixed within a very short time once they have been reported to us. There are some issues that may be out of our control, or may take significant effort to resolve - possibly more effort than the issue warrants, in which case they may not be resolved.
Check for Existing Issues
If you believe you have found a bug or issue, please check the issue list on the pgAdmin 4 GitHub project before logging a new issue. If you find an issue that matches the one you're seeing, please feel free to add any useful additional information you are able to provide.
Log a New Issue
If you believe you have found a new bug or issue in pgAdmin 4, please log it on the issue tracker. Try to include as much of the following information as possible:
- The version of pgAdmin you are running, and where you obtained it from.
- Whether you're running in server or desktop mode
- Steps required to reproduce the problem. Please include a simple schema with optional data if required. This may be sent privately upon request from a developer if you are concerned about posting sample code or data to a public mailing list.
- The operating system and version details - e.g. Windows 10, or macOS 10.11.5
- Any logfile output you may have. See the FAQ for information on how to enable logging.
If you would like to report a security issue with pgAdmin, please email security (at) pgadmin (dot) org.
Note that this address should only be used for reporting security issues that you believe you've found in the design or code of pgAdmin, pgAgent, and the pgAdmin website. It should not be used to ask security questions.
Questions and Discussion
General questions and discussion should remain on the mailing list and will be deleted if logged in the bug tracker.