Customising your pgAdmin 4 workspace - Part 1: Browser
Author: Anil Sahoo, date: Aug. 24, 2023
If you are reading this then you are probably using pgAdmin as a tool to help in your day to day database management activities with PostgreSQL. But, did you know there are a variety of ways you can maximise your productivity by customising the pgAdmin workspace using the Preferences dialog’s various options? This article will show you some of the options for customising the workspace using the Browser node of the Preferences tree control.
pgAdmin User Management in Server Mode
Author: Aditya Toshniwal, date: Aug. 24, 2023
pgAdmin can be deployed as a web application by configuring the app to run in server mode. One can check out server deployment on how to run pgAdmin in server mode. In this blog, we will discuss how to manage the pgAdmin users when running in server mode.
Author: Dave Page, date: Aug. 24, 2023
Almost exactly three years ago I wrote a blog on my personal page entitled Testing pgAdmin which went into great detail discussing how we test pgAdmin prior to releases. Back then, all of the automated testing was performed using Jenkins, with a number of jobs that ran various test suites whenever new code was checked in. All of this infrastructure ran in a virtual private cloud on AWS consisting of a large number of virtual machines and other resources, hosted for the project by EDB. I recently undertook a project to move the testing infrastructure to our Github project, using Github Actions.
2024-02-09 - pgAdmin 4 v8.3 Released
The pgAdmin Development Team is pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 8.3. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 16 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
Notable changes in this release include:
- Allow drag-n-drop column’s collection tree node as comma-separated columns.
- Added support to rename columns in Views.
- Added BYPASSRLS|NOBYPASSRLS option while creating a Role.
- Added support for column storage syntax while creating table.
- Use COOKIE_DEFAULT_PATH or SCRIPT_NAME in the session cookie path.
- Added configurable parameter to enable support for PasswordExecCommand in server mode.
- Fixed an issue where format SQL was messing up the operator. Included many other feature changes.
- Fixed an issue where formatting inserts empty lines in specific cases.
- Add support for selecting a schema in the backup database dialog with no tables, mviews, views, or foreign tables.
- Fixed a UI border issue on the dependencies tab for columns with icons.
- Fixed an issue where multiple errors were showing if the user did not have connect privileges.
- Fixed an issue where group membership information was displayed incorrectly.
- Ensure that the correct SQL is generated when changing the column data type to "char".
- Fixed an issue pgAdmin fails to launch due to inconsistent PATH variable name on windows.
- Fix a backend server error when creating a named restore point.
Download your copy now!
Postgres, PostgreSQL and the Slonik Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada, and used with their permission.