pgAdmin 1.6 online documentation
pgAdmin Options - Tab 3 (Query)
- Font - This option allows you to select the font used in SQL Textboxes. This
may be useful for countries with multibyte character sets where standard fonts may not
- Maximum rows to retrieve - This option specifies the number of job and job step
statistics rows to retrieve when viewing the statistics in the main browser. Unlike the
statistics for other objects which normally consist of a fixed number of rows, a row is
created every time a job or job step is executed. The most recent statistics will be shown.
- Max characters per column - This option specifies the maximum
length of data displayed in a single column.
- Count rows if estimated less than - In the object browser, if
the estimated number of rows in a table (as read from the table statistics) is
below this limit, a SELECT count(*) will be performed to find the exact value.
- Indent characters - This option specifies the number of characters
to indent with.
- Result copy quoting - This option specifies how the fields should be quoted when
copied to the clipboard from the result list. Quoting can be applied to string columns only
(i.e. numeric columns will not be quoted) or all columns regardless of data type.
- Result copy quote character - This option specifies which character should be used
to quote the values when copied to the clipboard from the result list. It has no effect if
Result copy quoting is set to none.
- Result copy field separator - This option specifies which character should be used
to separate the fields copied to the clipboard from the result list.
- Use TAB character for autocompletion - By default, autocompletion in the query tool
is activated using the Control+Space key combination. This option allows you to use the Tab key
as well, however it does mean that you cannot enter the tab character using the tab key.
- Copy SQL from main form to SQL dialogue - When opening the Query
Tool, with this option selected, any object definition being displayed in the
main object browser will be inserted as a default query in the Query Tool.