pgAdmin 1.14 online documentation
pgAdmin Options - Tab 4 (Query Tool)
- Font - This option allows you to select the font used in SQL
Textboxes. This may be useful for countries with multibyte character sets
where standard fonts may not display well.
- Maximum rows to retrieve - This option specifies the number of
job and job step statistics rows to retrieve when viewing the statistics
in the main browser. Unlike the statistics for other objects which
normally consist of a fixed number of rows, a row is created every time a
job or job step is executed. The most recent statistics will be
- Max characters per column - This option specifies the maximum
length of data displayed in a single column.
- Count rows if estimated less than - In the object
browser, if the estimated number of rows in a table (as read from the
table statistics) is below this limit, a SELECT count(*) will be
performed to find the exact value.
- Indent characters - This option specifies the number of
characters to indent with in SQL text boxes.
- Use spaces instead of tabs - If checked, when you use the tab
key in an SQL text box, spaces will be inserted instead of the tab
- Result copy quoting - This option specifies how the fields
should be quoted when copied to the clipboard from the result list.
Quoting can be applied to string columns only (i.e. numeric columns will
not be quoted) or all columns regardless of data type. Disabling this
option may prevent copying and pasting rows in the edit grid from
functioning properly if special characters like line breaks are
- Result copy quote character - This option specifies which
character should be used to quote the values when copied to the clipboard
from the result list. It has no effect if Result copy quoting is set to
- Result copy field separator - This option specifies which
character should be used to separate the fields copied to the clipboard
from the result list.
- Copy SQL from main form to SQL dialogue - When opening the
Query Tool, with this option selected, any object definition being
displayed in the main object browser will be inserted as a default query
in the Query Tool.
- Show NULL values as <NULL> - This option will cause NULL
values to be shown as <NULL> in the Query Tool's results grid. Note
that this option does not affect data that is exported from the grid,
only what is displayed.